Thursday 27 October 2011

My Favourite Films of All Time: 30-21








30. Inglourious Basterds
Seeing Tarantino's stunner in the cinema was one of the best cinema experiences I've ever had, and gets better and better upon every viewing.







29. Psycho
Hitchcock's best. Nuff said.





28. The Holy Mountain
If Alejandro Jodorowsky's Santa Sangre didn't blow me away (it did), then The Holy Mountain sure as hell did. This film is unlike anything I've ever seen before, and is all the better for it.







27. Chinatown
I fell in love with this the first time I saw it, and still in love with it to this day.









26. Goodfellas
Although he didn't win the Oscar for this, Scorsese's never been better than this.






25. Alien
One of the most suspenseful and scariest films of all time. That alien bursting out of the chest scene is as shocking as ever.









24. Aliens
It's so hard to choose which one out of the two is better. I settled on James Cameron's awesome sequel out of the sheer epicness of it all. And that line. You know the one.







23. Casablanca
I don't think I've every been so awed by a film's beauty than this one. Play it again.





22. The Lion King
I watched this in the cinema recently, and it was such an incredible experience. Fills me with nostalgia every time.






 21. The Shining
I know many will disagree with me, but this Kubrick film is my favourite horror film of all time. It's one of the few films I've been absolutely petrified of.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. The Shining is also my favorite horror movie of all time. But I'm not as crazy as you are about the Alien movies. I still need to see The Holy Mountain.

    ReplyDelete